Welcome to the 7th Translational Research E-Conference
Live Conference: January 28-31, 2021
On Demand Conference: January 19 – March 2, 2021
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
REGISTRATION IS FREE OF CHARGE! Do not miss this opportunity to share science and education in the field of Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), and to interact live with global experts directly from your home or office!
An outstanding faculty of distinguished global experts will present the most recent advances and new perspectives in the field of Myelodysplastic Syndromes, from pathophysiology to diagnosis and therapy, including current challenges and new perspectives.
The plenary E-Conference programme is designed to include leading-edge basic and clinical research. The presentation of unpublished data is encouraged and emphasis is placed on opportunities for the live scientific discussion and interaction we are all missing so cruelly during these challenging times. Prepare your questions and share in the discussions!
Register to gain full access to the meeting’s scientific content:
- Join the live programme to view the talks according to the Central European Time (CET) schedule and participate live in the panel discussions, Question & Answer periods, debates and Mentored Poster Walk.
See the PDF Live Programme here.
- Also go to the recorded Programme on Demand to view the sessions you may have missed and to revisit those you enjoyed the most, or to view them at your leisure before the live panel discussions.
The pre-recorded lectures will be available “on demand” as of January 19, 2021. The meeting’s full programme, enriched by the many live elements recorded real time, will remain accessible to registered participants for 1 month after the meeting is over.
- Register for the live Meet the Expert sessions and take the opportunity to receive personal guidance from global experts. Come prepared to turn on your webcam and microphone and to ask questions. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Please note that Meet the Expert sessions do not include a presentation by the session Leaders. They are designed to answer your questions and to provide expert guidance on specific questions. They are open to academic biologists and clinicians only. If you register for one of the sessions you will be expected to come prepared to ask at least one question. Webcam is compulsory.
Each Meet the Expert session will be organized for a maximum of 25-30 people (extra fee of 20€ per session).
- View the E-Posters and join the interactive Mentored Poster Walk.
- Read the E-Conference E-Book.
- Earn EBAH Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits for the time you spend furthering your knowledge and skills.
And you will:
- Visit the virtual exhibition hall.
- Attend the satellite symposia.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
Until recently, information on the biology of MDS and options available for its treatment were limited. A lot of data has accumulated in recent years on the pathophysiology of MDS, particularly on the role of somatic mutations (including in very early disease phase), haploinsufficiency for certain genes, and the impact of abnormalities of the microenvironment. Prognostic factors of the disease have also been refined, with the revised IPSS, and new factors like somatic mutations. Treatment approaches are improving, although not at the same speed, and only allogeneic stem cell transplantation remains potentially curative.
The E-Conference programme will address:
- Etiology of MDS
- Biology of MDS – Genetic Abnormalities
- Biology of MDS: Stem Cells and the Microenvironment
- Diagnostic Workup and Prognostic Factors in MDS
- Specific Subtypes of MDS, based on Morphology and Molecular Biology
- Treatment of MDS
- Current Progress in the Treatment of MDS
- Future Treatments and Treatment Strategies in MDS
- Learn how to optimally diagnose MDS, mainly by morphological analysis and cytogenetics, but also through the use of new tools, mainly molecular analysis.
- Improve ability to analyze prognostic factors, including new ones (revised IPSS, molecular analysis).
- Review current treatment of MDS, in both the high risk and low risk settings, ranging from single follow up to allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
- Acquire improved knowledge of emerging treatments, based on targeted therapies and well conducted clinical trials. Diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic issues will be presented by the faculty and ample time will be devoted to discussion with delegates.
Registration is open to healthcare professionals worldwide. The registration is offered for free, as a gesture of solidarity during these difficult times.
– Access to the programme on demand on January 19 – March 2, 2021
– Access to the live programme
– Access to the Conference E-Book on January 28 – March 2, 2021
– Access to the E-Poster Area from November January 19 – March 2, 2021
– Access to the Mentored E-Poster Walk
Stay Tuned, registration in the Meet The Expert Sessions will open closer to the E-Conference dates.
Test my connection